Jaw pain can occur at any time and in many forms. In some cases, it may be due to anything from blunt trauma to overuse and wear and tear. If you do suffer from jaw or facial pain, consider the use of specialized treatments.
The benefits of jaw and facial pain treatments include the following:
– Jaw pain can cause issues with biting into foods and can hinder your abilities to chew, speak, and bite properly.
– If you notice any of the warning signs of jaw or facial pain, visit your dentist for a detailed exam of your oral health, which may also include X-Rays to help locate the source of your ailment.
– Various treatments for facial and jaw pain include medications, antibiotics, pain relievers, and mouth guards. More serious treatments including extractions and root canals may also be an option.
– Typical warning signs of jaw and facial pain include jaw tenderness, headaches, and irregular pain felt in or around the ear.
– Possible causes of facial and jaw pain include toothaches, infections, oral accidents and injuries, and an assortment of oral health ailments. This contains disorders such as gum disease, TMJ disorders, and bruxism.
Make sure to take good care of your jaw, so it can last a lifetime. For more information about jaw pain, or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Tim Woodruff and our team at Woodruff Family Dental, give us a call at 870-972-8190. Our dentist office is conveniently located in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Visit us today, and enjoy the season with a smile!