Most people who have bruxism grind or clench their teeth while they are sleeping. Both of these can cause significant damage to your teeth. At Woodruff Family Dental, we offer night guards to protect your teeth while you sleep, letting you keep a beautiful smile. For more information about night guards in Jonesboro, Arkansas, or to schedule a consultation with one of our dentists, Dr. Tim Woodruff, Dr. Randy Woodruff, and Dr. Robert Kaloghirou, please contact our office today at 870-972-8190.
A night guard is a special type of mouth guard that is used to treat bruxism or teeth grinding and clenching. If our dentist or team suspect that you suffer from bruxism, we may recommend a night guard to protect your teeth from damage and prevent teeth grinding while you sleep. Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. Common signs of night time teeth clenching and grinding include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain, and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked, or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
If you notice the signs of bruxism, you may benefit from a custom night guard. This night guard will be made to fit your smile comfortably and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your teeth. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about night guards and how we can prevent the negative effects of teeth grinding. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for your smile.